Friday, November 03, 2006

Date Night with Taylor

Tonight I had the honor of enjoying some much needed one on one time with my son Taylor. The plan was to go get some dinner and do a little mall shopping. What I still have not gotten into my head, is that although in little ole Mansfield, PA it is not a big deal to head out for a date on a Friday night at 5PM, here is Kansas City being on 435W at 5PM, does not entail a fun time at all!

So what should have been a 20 minute drive to Overland Park, took an unprecidented HOUR! Partly due to my bad driving and missed turns, but mostly due to bumper to bumper rush hour traffic! But then how can being in a car with a really cool kid for an hour really be considered a bad thing? It just can't!

So we split some Chinese food and did a little shopping, which wore us both out!
That was all cured however by a quick trip to the bookstore. Gotta love a kid whose idea of a great night is some quality time in a bookstore with his mom! What a great one he is! (he's reading over my shoulder now, and just hugged me and said "what a great mommy you are") OK, so life is good and I have the best three kids in the whole world!

John left at 4:30PM for a ministry trip to St. Louis with Derek and the gang!